A Category is any subcategory in any primary category. What is a category?
If you contract a service out to another company then you cannot use that category in your listing.
Some of these examples clarify our position.
A General Contractor subcontracts to plumbers, electricians, roofers, carpenters, and others. They would not be able to state they offer any of those services. Even though you may have staff that oversees the operation of a subcontractor, you technically do not provide those services. Your proper categories may be General Contractors, Renovation Contractors, Builders, Home Builders.
An exception to the rule is where a General Contractor has employees that directly do the work, then they would be allowed to be in all of the designated categories.
Another example where they may be numerous approved categories is a clinic operating and offering the services of several disciplines including physio, chiropractic, massage, etc. All of the staff work under the umbrella of that clinic under contract. The clinic would be able to be in all categories as the delivery of those services are under one roof.
Some trades will be in multiple categories. An example may be the plumbing category; that may also cover air conditioning, heating, furnaces, fireplaces, and renovations
If the business needs clarification, then they can contact us. These are the primary categories and each opens into several subcategories to give the business greater clarification. We upload the categories daily.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- Site Admin provides links to other review locations in the business profile that the business owner cannot delete or change.
- Check Better Business Bureau Report if available.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.