They must be accurate, and the business guarantees they are when they sign up for an account as they have read our disclaimers.
If a credential they post is not valid and is challenged by a consumer or us, then we flag the business and freeze the account.
Site Admin will place an Alert on that business profile which will remain permanently on our Site. There is no tolerance business profile for listing credentials like licensing, legal status etc. incorrectly.
Businesses must follow up yearly to ensure that what was placed on initial entry to the Site is still valid.
The following screenshot shows how the business updates their profile through their back-end management system.
Safe and Trusted Canada allows the consumer to make their decisions on the quality of the links as well as the quality of the content. There is no interpretation nor does Safe and Trusted Canada endorse, validate, recommend or suggest a business. We provide a system where the consumer sorts and selects businesses based on the criteria the consumer feels important to them.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- Use this Site as only one source of information and seek other sources if possible.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- Site Admin provides links to other review locations in the business profile that the business owner cannot delete or change.
- Check Better Business Bureau Report if available.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.