Information Only and Basic Subscriptions are allow only one category and one subcategory in that primary category. See Video
Exceptions to category rules occur for the hospitality industry involving accommodations and restaurants. This is necessary in order to adequately represent that hotel or restaurant properly.
All other subscription levels are paid subscriptions have various amounts of categories dependent on the subscription level. They range from 20 categories to 60 categories. The user can see the primary categories when they click onto any trade area. The subcategories are displayed when the user clicks onto a primary category. See all Trade Areas.
Each primary category has numerous subcategories. Many of the subcategories give the consumer additional information about the services of the business. Some businesses such as the trades may be listed in several areas, and one never knows the key primary category that the consumer will select.
The business can only select subcategories they provide through their employees or that they provide directly to the owner. Do not list subcategories that are contracted to others.
An example may be builders, home builders, general contractors. They are included in those categories but are not electricians, plumbers, roofers, etc.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly to the business only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.