Marketing your business today is not as simple as it once was. It used to be an advertising agent coming to you and telling you they had the answer. The bigger the campaign, the more dollars would be generated for your business.
Owners never knew what worked and what did not. Now they have the ability to find out, and many are changing their advertising.
More people are no longer using phone books. Expensive yellow page ads are less significant as well. More people are no longer reading a printed version of a newspaper. More people listen to music that is not local, and more television ads are cut out with new technologies available to the consumer.
Often the customer knows more about your product and services than some of the sales staff. Product reviews, business reviews, price comparisons, and much more is now available online. More than ever the new client for your business will be using a mobile device to find your business.
If you are not going to have a business website or a professional internet profile, then you will restrict the amount of growth available to your company.
Many businesses see boom and bust cycles and wonder why their competition always seems to have more market share than they do.
As the business owner, you are the sales and marketing manager of your company. Without sales, there will be no business. Here are some suggestions.
You need to have an Internet presence that clearly shows how you are different from your competition.
Your website if you have one, must work for you and is more than just an electronic brochure. It must give obvious reasons why the customer picks you.
You need to know who your target market.
Take advantage of the word of mouth advertising about your business, and allow your customers to assist you in your marketing through a social media platform.
You need to be able to modify your presentation as you grow your business, and as you offer more products and services. You need to be able to make these changes on the fly as your company grows. Spending big dollars on website content changes is no longer necessary with WordPress.
You need to have a high return on advertising and recognize that sometimes your investment may benefit the advertiser instead of you. You need to have measurements. Google Analytics on your website will give you measurements.
Everything you do to improve your business services, products and pricing are great, but only if people know you have made those upgrades. Ensure that your website or internet presence is continually updated to reflect changes to the consumer.
Start growing your business today in small increments one step at a time. You cannot do everything, but doing absolutely nothing is far worse.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be canceled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
Please Note That We Place the Following Content Into Every Profile.
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- Site Admin provides links to other review locations in the business profile that the business owner cannot delete or change.
- Check Better Business Bureau Report if available.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.