A good test for clarification is that if you as a business could not become accredited with Better Business Bureau because of your name, that usually means something is wrong.
There is no sense in building websites and advertising a name that can never belong to you as a business owner.
As a business, your advertised name is not pointing people to a domain and using that domain as your advertised name. It does not meet policy and can lead to lawsuits from other companies who have legally registered the name.
As a business owner, the very last thing you want to do is advertise as a name that you cannot legally use. Why would you want to spend money on websites, and other advertising only to have to shut down and restart the whole process all over again?
There are cases where the business owner has bought the rights to a franchise. The franchise is registered or trademarked, and the business owner cannot register the name. Their advertised name is already in place.
A person may display their personal name but cannot have any other words associated with it according to registration branches. Some professional designations are allowed. Contact the corporation’s registry for your province.
Registration of your business name is important. Get it done as soon as possible. Sometimes as a new business, you may have delays or may have thought it was registered because you have a Business number with Canada Revenue. It is one of the key components that consumers may look at to ensure that you plan to stay in business.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The company may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- As a matter of policy, the Site does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines the subscription level.
- Users can use the Credentials Search’s advanced features to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as the removal of the business may occur at any time.
- See all subscription types for businesses.
- See our YouTube Channel playlists.