The credentials score for the business is determined solely by the consumer. The consumer views the Standard Credentials and Contractor Credentials of the business and determines the score of the business.
Safe and Trusted Canada no longer generates a score because some of the determining factors may not be relevant for all businesses.
The credentials score for hotels and restaurants was a composite review that Safe and Trusted Canada completed based on numerous review sites. Some review sites may not be considered relevant to the consumer and as such the consumer has access to the review sites and can make their own determination.
There is a form included in the application where the owner can simply check off what applies to their business, or it can be completed with a phone call with the owner of the business.
Remember the business needs to ensure whatever credentials they check off are accurate. Alerts generation occurs for false credentials with archival happening one year afterward.
See the video.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The company may also be archived.
See When We Archive a Business.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- As a matter of policy, the Site does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines the subscription level.
- Users can use the Credentials Search’s advanced features to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as the removal of the business may occur at any time.
- See all subscription types for businesses.
- See our YouTube Channel playlists.